So I picked up an Immortalizer RDA on the cheap. Had it for a while, never used it. It came with a coil & wick pre-installed, but when I tried it on my eVic last night, up came the message “Atomizer Short.” I tried nudging the coils around, but no joy there. I saw my friend do it once, watched a ton of YouTube how-to videos, had a small amount of wire, had to raid my wife’s bathroom cabinet for cotton, but I decided to try building one myself. Took 3 attempts, but
I finally got a working 1.5 ohm simple single coil. Micro I believe. First coil was to high in resistance (although beautifully wound), The second one was OK but I destroyed it trying to thread too much cotton through it. Third one was passible and had a resistance of 1.5, although I had been shooting for 1.8 ohms. I found the air holes too restrictive, so I removed the outer aluminum tube giving me maximum possible airflow to the coil. I’ll review the Immortalizer RDA in the future.
Always wanted to video myself blowing clouds and I figured this was the best time. Now being that this was at 2:30 am, it may not have been the best time as my hair & office are a disaster. Please excuse the mess.